go domo go!!
Thanks for the find moi.
(image via internet)
Just made yogurt for the first time from scratch. It’s so easy and tasty! Paired with homemade tea infused granola (recipe via Alice’s Tea Cup Cookbook) and you have an amazing breakfast or snack. New Year, New Recipes.
(1) Heat milk to 180-190 degrees Fahrenheit or until bubbles start forming and milk steams. Heating in a double boiler on the stove will keep the milk from burning. If just heating in a pot, keep stirring the milk to prevent burning.
(2) Turn heat off and let the milk cool to about 115-120 degrees Fahrenheit. Thin out your starter yogurt with some of the warm milk. Either your favorite store bought brand or some of your last batch works fine. I used my favorite Greek yogurt. Use 2 Tablespoons of starter yogurt for every quart of milk you heated. Add this thinned mix to your batch of heated milk.
(3) Put the warm milk into a covered container. Swaddle the container with kitchen towels. Keep warm and still for about 4-6 hours or more till it sets. It can be placed in an oven with the light on to keep warm.
(4) Once set, place in the refrigerator to further firm as required. To make thicker Greek Style yogurt, strain yogurt through a cheese cloth & colander for a few hours in the fridge. The whey and lactic acid will drain out into the bowl.
(5) Serve with your favorite mix ins!
(image by: vivien chin)